Sunday, November 27, 2011
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Kathy and I attended the Smyrna breakfast for the day before Thanksgiving this morning. Food was good. Cancer survivor spoke. Puts perspective in thankfulness.
That's Charles Lawless from the Kiwanis in the forground of the picture.
Posted by Jack Le Moine at 4:45 PM
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Holidays are also a special time for me. It seems that a humdrum time has been broken and something new and imaginative is here.
Thanksgiving reminds me of those pilgrims in those early days. It must have been very rough but also new and exciting, too.
Monday, November 21, 2011
Have you seen my blog on classic literature lately? It gives a small exerpt from a classic each day for busy people. Current selections from
- Thousand and One Nights from the Middle East. Currently, we are reading The Story of the Enchanted Youth
- The Illiad, by Homer
- The Three Musketeers, by Alexandre Dumas
- Innocents Abroad, by Mark Twain
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, by L. Frank Baum
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms, from China
- Lays of Ancient Rome, by Macaulay.
I've had a lot of fun putting this blog together.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
This is the front of the church that we go to. And yes, the weather is overcast today in Atlanta.
The name of the church is Life Church Smyrna Assembly of God.