This is a summary of Ann Coulter's series on Health Care. It lists the Administration's main talking points on this issue and her rebuttals thereto. I liked this serics because of the pointed and sharp nature of the responses as well as the summary of the supporters' reasons.
Some of her talking points were redundant and some were covered in multiple installments. I edited these points so that we can have a good summary of the health care debate.
|The New National Health Care Plan will:|
1. Punish the insurance companies.
2. Increase competition and keep insurance companies honest.
3. Stop insurance companies denying legitimate claims.
4. Give Americans "basic consumer protections that will finally hold insurance companies accountable."
5. Be the only way to provide coverage for pre-existing conditions.
|6. Have no rationing.|
7. Reduce costs.
8. Not cover abortions
|Part 2 |
|9. Be like Medicare.|
10. Not cover illegal aliens.
11. Not have the "Public Option".
|12. Only a government run plan can provide "coverage that will stay with you whether you move, change your job or lose your job."|
13. The "public option" trigger is something other than a national takeover of health care.
|14. Democrats lost Congress in 1994 because President Clinton failed to pass national health care.|
15. America's relatively low life expectancy compared to countries with socialist health care proves welfare-state health care is better.
|17. America's low ranking on international comparisons of infant mortality proves other countries' socialist health care systems are better than ours.||Part 6||10/15/2009|
|18. America's lower life expectancy compared to countries with socialist health care proves that their medical systems are superior.||Part 7||10/22/2009|